Protecting Consumers in Securities Fraud and Negligence Claims
Litigation involving the securities industry is a complex legal problem that not every attorney can handle. These disputes require a lawyer to comprehend not only the litigation process but also the complexities of the securities industry. If your financial adviser has improperly caused you losses, you need an experienced litigator who can handle your case.
At Hubbard Snitchler & Parzianello, our lawyers have been practicing in the securities industry for over 30 years. Our background in representing consumers allows us to see the weaknesses and strengths in every case. We are one of the few firms that represent securities claimants across the United States in state courts, federal courts, and arbitration. We have been involved in hundreds of FINRA arbitrations and are well-versed in FINRA’s rules, practices and procedures. John Hubbard has been a FINRA (formerly NASD) Arbitrator for over 30 years.
You can contact our firm now to schedule your free consultation by calling (313) 546-9685. Most cases are on a contingent fee basis, which means you don’t pay any attorney’s fee unless there is a monetary recovery.
Fighting for Financial Consumers
Customers of the financial industry trust investment advisors, broker-dealers, and other financial professionals to watch out for their best interests when it comes to managing their money. A breach of this trust can be both emotionally and financially devastating. If your financial representative or their firm committed an act that is legally actionable, we will fight for you.
Your financial professional may have engaged in professional wrongdoing, including:
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Conflict of interests
- Churning, which is excessive trading on a client’s account
- Unsuitable Recommendations
- Unauthorized trades
Our firm will investigate the actions of your financial professional and determine if a legal claim is available.
Contact us at (313) 546-9685 for a free consultation.
Securities Litigation Services Offered
- Fraud: This service involves representing investors who have suffered losses due to fraudulent activities committed by a broker or financial institution. Securities fraud could be related to misrepresentation, omission of material facts, or insider trading. A securities litigation lawyer can help the investor recover losses through arbitration, mediation, or litigation.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty: Brokers and other financial advisors have a fiduciary duty to act in their clients' best interests. When they breach that duty, we are here to help our clients seek justice.
- Conflict of Interests: Securities professionals are required to avoid conflicts of interest that could harm their clients. We represent clients who have been harmed by such conflicts.
- Churning: Excessive trading on a client's account, also known as churning, can lead to unnecessary losses. We help clients recover damages in cases of churning.
- Unsuitable Recommendations and/or Negligence: Financial advisors must make recommendations that are suitable for their clients' individual needs and circumstances. When they fail to do so, we can help clients seek compensation for their losses.
- Unauthorized Trades: Brokers are not allowed to make trades without their clients' consent. When unauthorized trades lead to losses, we can help clients recover those losses.
- Shareholder Disputes and Derivative Actions: Shareholder disputes and derivative actions involve conflicts between shareholders and the company or its directors. This service involves representing shareholders who seek to protect their interests, enforce their rights, or recover damages. The securities litigation lawyer can help the shareholder file a derivative lawsuit, resolve disputes through negotiation, or defend against legal claims.
- Securities Regulation and Compliance: This service involves helping clients comply with securities regulations and resolve disputes related to securities laws. This could include advising clients on regulatory compliance, responding to regulatory investigations or enforcement actions, or defending against securities-related litigation. The securities litigation lawyer will work to ensure that the client is in compliance with securities laws and regulations and protect the client's interests.Our lawyers will work closely with you to assess your case, develop a strategy, and pursue the best for you.
Contact us at (313) 546-9685 to schedule a free consultation and discuss your securities litigation needs.
What is securities litigation?Securities litigation refers to legal disputes that arise from securities-related transactions and investments, such as fraud, misrepresentation, or negligence.
Who can be held liable in a securities fraud case?Anyone who is involved in the securities transaction, including brokers, dealers, corporate executives, and financial advisors, can be held liable for securities fraud.
What types of damages can be recovered in a securities fraud case?The damages that can be recovered in a securities fraud case include compensatory damages, punitive damages, and attorney fees.
How long does a securities litigation case typically take to resolve?The length of time it takes to resolve a securities litigation case can vary depending on the complexity of the case and the legal strategy used. It can take months or even years to resolve.