Dealing with real estate disputes can be a daunting and overwhelming task. Whether you’re a property owner, investor, or developer, real estate disputes can arise anytime and, if not handled properly, can lead to significant financial losses, delays, and other costly consequences.
That’s where we come in. At Hubbard Snitchler & Parzianello, our real estate dispute attorneys have a proven track record of success helping clients in Detroit, Wayne County, Oakland County, and the surrounding areas. We aim to resolve complex real estate disputes through skilled negotiation, mediation, and litigation.
Real Estate Dispute Resolutions
Resolving real estate disputes requires more than a one-size-fits-all approach. Each issue must be investigated thoroughly and creatively to determine the most effective resolution. Sometimes, alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation, may work. Other times, litigation will be necessary.
Since these disputes can be complex and involve high-value properties, it’s crucial to consider all options when seeking a resolution. Real estate litigation can arise at any stage of the property’s lifecycle, from purchase to leasing and even while in use.
Property acquisition and financing, development and construction, management and leasing can all lead to disputes. Waiting too long to involve a lawyer in a real estate dispute can lead to costly consequences, as disputes can quickly escalate out of control if left to rot.
Real Estate Litigation Services We Offer
Our real estate litigation attorneys have experience handling various real estate disputes. Below are some of the real estate dispute resolutions and services we offer:
- Breach of Contract: Real estate contracts can be complex, and disputes can arise when one party fails to fulfill their contractual obligations. Our attorneys can help resolve contract disputes through negotiation, mediation, and litigation.
- Purchase and Sale Disputes: Disputes can arise during the purchase or sale of a property, including disputes over title defects, earnest money, contingencies, and more. Our attorneys have experience resolving disputes and protecting our clients’ interests.
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes: Disputes can arise between landlords and tenants regarding rent, repairs, security deposits, and lease agreements. Our attorneys can help resolve these disputes and protect our client’s rights and interests.
- Boundary Disputes: Boundary disputes can arise between neighboring property owners regarding the location of the property line, easements, and access to the property. Our attorneys can help resolve boundary disputes through negotiation or litigation.
- Construction Defects: Construction defects can lead to disputes between property owners, contractors, and subcontractors. Our attorneys can help resolve construction defect disputes and pursue compensation for any resulting damages.
Common Types of Real Estate Disputes
Our real estate litigation attorneys have seen a range of disputes. Some of the most common types of real estate disputes we handle include:Title Disputes: Title disputes can arise when there is a disagreement over who owns the property or if there are errors or omissions in the title search or title insurance. Title disputes can also involve liens or judgments against the property.
- Contract Disputes: Real estate contracts can be complex and include various terms and conditions that can lead to disputes. Contract disputes can involve earnest money, contingencies, repairs, and more.
- Boundary Disputes: Boundary disputes can arise between neighboring property owners regarding the location of the property line, easements, and access to the property.
- Zoning and Land Use Disputes: These arise when disagreements over how a particular property should be used or developed. This could involve zoning regulations, building permits, or other land use issues.
- Breach of Contract: A breach of contract occurs when one party fails to uphold their end of an agreement. This can happen in many different ways in a real estate transaction, such as a seller failing to transfer the property title or a tenant failing to pay rent.
- Commercial Litigation: Commercial litigation may be necessary when disputes arise between two or more parties in a commercial real estate transaction. This could include disagreements over financing, leases, or other contractual issues.
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes: Landlord-tenant disputes can occur over various issues, such as unpaid rent, lease violations, and eviction proceedings.
- Boundary or Property Line Disputes: These disputes can arise between neighboring property owners when there is a disagreement about where the property line lies. The property boundaries need to be registered, or a practical property line supersedes the legal line. This can result in a commercial litigation case between two parties and may require the services of a breach of contract lawyer or real estate litigation attorney to help resolve the issue.
- Co-Owner Disputes: In certain situations, more than one person or entity owns real estate property. A co-owner dispute may arise if co-tenants, joint tenants, or partners disagree on a property issue. This complex situation may require a business litigation attorney or breach of contract attorney to help navigate the legal process and find a resolution that works for all parties involved.
- Construction Defects: Issues with the quality of work performed during a building or renovation project that result in damage or other problems.
Why Hire a Real Estate Litigation Lawyer?
- Protection of Interests: Real estate litigation representation can help protect your interests and ensure that your rights are protected in the event of a dispute.
- Professional Advice: An experienced real estate litigation attorney can provide advice and guidance on the best course of action to resolve your dispute and protect your interests.
- Access to Resources: Real estate litigation representation provides access to resources such as expert witnesses, appraisers, and other professionals who can help strengthen your case.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes: Real estate litigation can be complex, and without the proper representation, costly mistakes can be made that can negatively impact your case.
- Peace of Mind: Having an experienced real estate litigation attorney can provide peace of mind and alleviate the stress and uncertainty associated with real estate disputes.
Contact Hubbard Snitchler & Parzianello today to learn more!
Contact Our Detriot Real Estate Litigation Attorney Today
Our team of experienced attorneys handles various real estate issues, including boundary disputes, co-owner disputes, commercial leasing disputes, and more.
Here are some reasons to choose us for your real estate dispute needs:
- Extensive Knowledge and Experience: Our attorneys have years of experience handling real estate disputes. We have a deep understanding of the real estate industry and know how to navigate complex legal issues to help our clients achieve their goals.
- Personalized Approach: We understand that each client and each case is unique. That's why we take a personalized approach to every case we handle. We work closely with our clients to understand their needs and goals and develop a customized strategy to reflect their desired outcomes.
- Results-Driven: We are committed to fighting for the best possible results for our clients. Whether negotiating a settlement or litigating a case in court, our goal is always to achieve a favorable outcome for our clients.
- Communication: We believe that communication is key to a successful attorney-client relationship. We keep our clients informed every step of the way and are always available to answer questions and provide updates.
Contact Hubbard Snitchler & Parzianello today to schedule a meeting with our real estate litigation lawyer in Detroit!