John A. Hubbard
- Shareholder Disputes and Oppression
- Business Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Injunctive Relief Cases
- Arbitration and Mediation Services
- Complex Commercial Litigation
John A. Hubbard is a business trial lawyer who leads the Firm’s litigation practice. He specializes in civil litigation with concentrations in securities law, construction law, and complex commercial disputes. He has been lead trial counsel in State and Federal courts and arbitrations throughout the United States. Mr. Hubbard has extensive experience in litigating such issues as business torts, contract disputes, injunctive actions, employment law, construction disputes, securities claims, minority shareholder oppression and shareholder disputes, enforcement and defense of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, and trade secret matters.
For more than 30 years, Mr. Hubbard has focused on the litigation and arbitration of complex business and financial disputes with an emphasis on securities law advocating the rights of individual investors and groups of investors in FINRA arbitrations and in court. Mr. Hubbard represents clients in a variety of industries including financial services, automotive and manufacturing.
John was recently certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as a Circuit Court Mediator. In addition to that certification, John has mediation experience with particular expertise in securities and construction disputes.
In addition to the Admissions and Professional Activities listed at right, he has acted as an Arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), National Association Securities Dealers (NASD), New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), American Arbitration Association (AAA), and the National Arbitration Forum (NAF) as well as a Mediator for the AAA and private mediation. He is also a former elected member of the State Bar of Michigan Representative Assembly for the Sixth and Third Judicial Circuits. Currently, he is a member of the State Bar of Michigan Standing Committee for Professional Ethics, Wayne County Business Court mediator, and Discovery Mediator. John is also a member of the Oakland County Bar Association Circuit Court and Business Court Committees. He is also a Master of the Bar for the University of Detroit American Inns of Court.
John is a frequent lecturer on securities, construction, and employment law matters. He is licensed to practice in both Michigan and Florida.
John is on the Board for JDRF Detroit to find a cure for Type 1 diabetes and is a founding member of Jake and Johnny Club which raises funds for research for a cure for childhood leukemia and Type 1 diabetes. John also enjoys running, golf, and tennis.
- Beals Hubbard, PLC, Founding Member, 1999 to 2012
- Alan R. Miller, PC, Senior Attorney, 1993 to 1999
- Simpson & Berry, PC, Partner/Shareholder, 1991 to 1993
- Simpson Moran, Associate, 1990 to 1991
- Simon, Deitch, Friedman, Siefman & Green, PC, Associate, 1988 to 1990
- Dickinson, Wright, Moon, Van Dusen & Freeman, Associate, 1986 to 1988
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Top 100
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, Judicial and Peer Review
- Top Lawyer, DBusiness Magazine
- Leading Lawyers
- Circuit Court Mediator, Supreme Court of Florida